Need a Dumpster offers dumpsters in a multitude of different sizes and for all types of junk removal projects. We carry inventory ranging from 10 to 40 cubic yards in dimension. Compare the most common roll off container sizes in the table below to help choose the right rental for your project. We have dumpsters for every project – large or small.
- 10 yards
- 15 yards
- 20 yards
- 30 yards
- 40 yards
- 10 ft. long by 8 ft. wide by 3.5 ft. high
- 14 ft. long by 8 ft. wide by 4 ft. high
- 20 ft. long by 8 ft. wide by 3.5 ft. high
- 20 ft. long by 8 ft. wide by 5.25 ft. high
- 20 ft. long by 8 ft. wide by 7 ft. high
- 10 cubic yards
- 15 cubic yards
- 20 cubic yards
- 30 cubic yards
- 40 cubic yards
What fits in a 10 yard dumpster?
- Basement or garage debris cleanout
- 250 sq. ft deck removal
- 1,500 sq. ft. of roof shingles (single layer)
- Moving dirt
- Small kitchen or bath remodeling job
- Non-bulky household junk cleanout (e.g., spring cleaning)
Determining whether a 10 yard bin is right for your project ?
There's no perfect way to choose the size of dumpster. In most cases,10 yard dumpster is appropriate for a smaller residential cleanup projects.The best way to ensure a 10 yard container will accommodate your cleanup is to call a local dumpster rental company and discuss the project with them. A 10 yard box might be the most affordable option for small residential project, however the project can get expensive when you find that a selected 10 yard dumpster wasn’t big enough to finish your job. When you’re on the fence about which size to choose, bigger container is usually the safer choice.Too small equals more hassle and more cost for an additional dumpster!
What fits in a 20 yard dumpster?
- Basement, attic, or garage cleanup
- Flooring and carpet removal for a large house
- 300 to 400 square feet of deck removal
- 2,500 to 3,000 sq. ft. of single layer roof shingle removal
How much weight can a 20 yard dumpster hold?
A 20 yard dumpster holds 20 cubic yards of waste. Common dumpster dimensions for a 20 yard dumpster are: 22 ft. long by 8 ft. wide by 4.5 ft. high. A 20 yard container is the right dumpster size for a projects larger cleanups. It can hold approximately 10 pickup truck loads of waste and debris (this may vary). This is one of the most popular dumpster sizes because of its price, compact footprint and capacity.Technically, a 20 yard dumpster will hold unlimited amounts of weight. In other words, you could fill it to the brim with dense fill dirt or concrete. However, that’s not how things work! Due to weight load restrictions, dump costs, and capabilities of the truck hauling the load, weight limits are put into place by dumpster rental companies. The average weight allowance for 20 yard dumpsters is 4 tons (8,000 lbs.)
Some rental providers may offer a 2 ton weight allowance, while others may offer an 8 ton weight limit. Others may offer “unlimited” weight for certain types of light debris. So, it’s a good idea to contact several dumpster rental companies to get the weight allowance necessary to complete your particular project.
What fits in a 30 yard dumpster?
- Major home addition
- New home construction.
- Average size kitchen or bathroom renovation
- Garage demolition
- Whole-home window or siding replacement (small-to-medium size home)